GCLExperts - Visa

Information About Visa Holder Rights

There are varying benefits depending on the type or class of visa you receive from the US. Temporary US visas will be given an issue and expiration date. You can never overstay your visa. Some temporary US visas allow a foreign national to work while in the country and some allow participation in education programs. 

Most allow individuals to travel around the country. Temporary US Visas also have an option for a spouse or unmarried children to apply for a special visa for family members so they can remain together while in the US. If you are interested in finding more about a visa to the United States where you can live and work, contact GCLExperts. The team of experts will walk you through your options.

Permanent Residents of the US have most of the same rights as a US citizen, with a few exceptions. Your passport will receive a Permanent Resident Visa (or immigrant visa), which allows you to enter the United States. The visa will have an issuance and an expiration date allowing the immigrant to be in the US for a certain period of time. A Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) of the US will also need to pay a small fee to receive a Permanent Resident Green Card. 

Green Card holders have the right to live in the US long term as LPRs, the right to all protections, the right to work legally in the USA, and have access to education programs. There are several other rights allowed to Green Card holders, such as the opportunity to buy a home and start a business. Green Card holders who live in the US are granted many incredible benefits. To learn more about the options available to you and your family, contact GCLExperts today.